Eliminate this negative thought in 5 minutes or less. Learn more.
Here's why it's in your best interest to do this.
When you think: "I am doomed to be sad and unhappy, and I will never be happy again, regardless of what I do"
- You feel powerless and helpless to become happy, due to thinking that you are 'doomed' to be sad and unhappy (so you already naturally feel bad and unhappy!)
- Also, your mind is not energized or motivated to help you make any changes to become happier, since it believes it is pointless
- The result is that you have much less success becoming happier, and you find this a much more challenging process
- See more
- You also have less confidence in yourself and your abilities, since think you won't ever be happy 'regardless of what you do'
- This translates into a sense of lower self-esteem, since you're not seeing or valuing what you are capable of doing
- All of these things combined make you feel miserable, and help keep you 'trapped' in a sad, unhappy state (so this type of thinking is what actually 'dooms' you to feeling sad and unhappy)
Here's why it makes no sense to think: "I am doomed to be sad and unhappy, and I will never be happy again, regardless of what I do"
- Clearly whether you are happy or not depends largely on what you do and think
- For example, if you think in miserable ways, you'll predictably be unhappier, and if you think in happier ways, you'll predictably be happier
- So it makes no sense at all to believe you're doomed to be unhappy regardless of what you do... Since whether you're miserable or not depends completely on what you do!
- See more
- Indeed, there are a combination of different things you can do to become happier even faster and easier, in addition to improving your thinking (like getting sunlight, exercise, and so on)
- So, it really makes no sense at all to think that you won't be happy again 'regardless of what you do'
- Instead, it makes way more sense to think that you can become happier much faster and easier depending on what you do
Compare the value of this negative thought to the value of the following positive thought to appreciate the big difference your thinking makes.
I am fully capable of being happy, and I can become happy by changing the way I think about things
When you think: "I am fully capable of being happy, and I can become happy by changing the way I think about things"
- You feel stronger, more powerful, and are more confident in yourself and your abilities, due to thinking that you are fully capable of being happy (so you already naturally feel better and happier)
- Also, your mind is more energized and motivated to help you become happier, since it believes there is a point in taking action, and since it recognizes that it can help you, by helping you change your thinking
- The result of all of this is that you feel better immediately, you find this process of change much easier, and overall you have way more success and achievement in becoming happier and happier
Here's why it makes complete sense to think: "I am fully capable of being happy, and I can become happy by changing the way I think about things"
- If you have ever been happy before in your life (just even once!) you have already proved beyond the shadow of a doubt that you are fully capable of being happy
- Also, when you consider that how you think immediately affects how you feel, it makes complete sense to accept that you can become happier and happier by thinking about things in more constructive, positive ways (like you're doing right now!)
- Furthermore, since you have a functioning mind, and since you are fully capable of learning and changing the way you think, it means that you already have everything it takes to become a much happier person
- See more
- Notice how you feel right now: when you have the thought that you're capable of being happier, do you already feel better just thinking that?
- If so, you've got even more proof of how capable you are of becoming a happier and happier person, simply by changing the way you think about things
Try the Positive Thinking Tool
Change 24 thoughts that are negative and make your life worse. Replace them with positive thoughts that help you and make your life better.
Change 24 Thoughts