It feels weird to be happy, for me, so I'm not very comfortable with happiness. Is there anything I can do to feel more comfortable with being happy?
Yes, there are some easy mental improvements that you can make to immediately feel more comfortable with being happy. Indeed, if you want to be a happier person and stay happy consistently, it's important that you:
- Stop being uncomfortable with being happy
- Start being comfortable with being happy and staying happy consistently
Here's why it's so important to do this.
How being uncomfortable with happiness makes you unhappy
If you're uncomfortable with feeling happy:
- You're already naturally less happy, since you're not completely enjoying the feeling of happiness
- This naturally compels you (and your mind) to find a more comfortable state for you that doesn't feel so weird of unpleasant in some way
- And if it's 'normal' for you to feel sad, depressed, or unhappy, you will quickly revert to these ways of feeling, simply because they are more 'comfortable' to you, even though they clearly don't make you any happier!
The lesson is that if you want to become happy and stay happy effortlessly (without it feeling like work, or as if you're somehow trying to force yourself to be happy), it's important that you become completely comfortable with being happy.
How being comfortable with happiness makes you happier
If you're comfortable with being happy:
- You're already a lot happier, whenever you feel happy, since you completely enjoy the feelings of happiness without any sort of interference from weird, unsettling feelings
- This means that feeling happy feels completely natural to you and doesn't feel weird in the slightest
- And this means that it's easy for you to become happier and happier, and to stay happy consistently, since it is a state that you fully enjoy and welcome in your life, and are completely at ease with
This is something important to appreciate! If you are comfortable and at ease with being happy... Then it's very easy for you to be happy and to enjoy greater happiness in your life.
So you'll want to attain this level of comfort quickly, to make it very easy for you to stay happy.
Why being comfortable with happiness makes sense
Clearly, being comfortable with happy feelings benefits you, since it makes it easier for you to feel happy and stay happy consistently.
But it also makes sense to feel comfortable with happiness for other reasons:
- Happiness is a wonderful, positive thing that makes life more enjoyable and worthwhile
- It not only benefits you, but it also benefits people around you (don't you naturally tend to enjoy being around people who are happier?)
- Indeed, if it's already a no-brainer for you to be happy, then it's already a no-brainer for you to feel comfortable with being happy (it's simply a matter of appreciating this!)
Fortunately, if you currently feel weird, strange, or uncomfortable with happy feelings, it's no big deal to feel a lot more comfortable with happiness in just a few minutes.
Here's how to do it.
How to stop feeling uncomfortable with being happy
Get rid of the following negative thoughts that make you feel uncomfortable with happiness.
Click on each negative thought to learn why you're better of without it, and why it doesn't make sense to think that way.
Believing you can't stop being sad, depressed, or unhappy and become a happy person, without forcing yourself to be happier
- You feel helpless to become happier without putting pressure on yourself (forcing yourself) to feel happier
- This motivates you to force yourself to feel happy, which is counter-productive, since these feelings of force and pressure are not enjoyable and naturally make you unhappy
- The result is that you naturally make yourself less happy (and more miserable) by trying to force yourself to be happy
- If you want to enjoy feeling happy, it makes no sense for you to try to force yourself to be happy, since this guarantees that that you will NOT become happy!
- Indeed, you can't force happiness, since it is simply an enjoyable feeling that you naturally allow to happen (allow, not force: see more about how to feel happy by allowing it to happen naturally)
- So it makes no sense to believe that you can't become happy without forcing yourself to be happy (instead, it makes way more sense to believe that you can become happy by not trying to force it at all)
* If you find yourself asking yourself things like, how do I force myself to be happy, stop thinking along those lines! Appreciate that this is a completely counter-productive thing to do.
Believing you can't accept or handle getting rid of sadness, depression, or unhappiness and being consistently happy in a fast, easy, immediate manner
- You feel helpless to accept or handle being happy in a fast, easy, immediate way, since you believe you "can't" do it
- As a result, you make no effort to accept, handle, or enjoy happy feelings, which guarantees that you will remain feeling uncomfortable with them for a long time (assuming you ever do feel comfortable with happiness at some point)
- The overall result is less enjoyment, less confidence in yourself and your abilities, and less success in becoming happier and staying happy
- Happiness is a wonderful, enjoyable, positive thing, so clearly you can accept and handle it (in no way does it ever make sense to believe that you "can't"!)
- Indeed, you can accept and handle it in a very fast, easy, immediate way by simply choosing to accept it as something that is ok and great (and why wouldn't you accept this?)
- Where is it written that you "have" to take a long time struggling with depression, sadness, or unhappiness before you can accept being happy? Not only do you not have do this, but it also makes no sense to do this, when you can easily to steps to enjoy greater happiness without any wait.
Believing that it's good or right for you to be sad, depressed, or unhappy, and that it's bad or wrong for you to feel happy and stay happy consistently
- You are naturally motivated to feel sad, depressed, or unhappy, due to believing that this is a good or right thing to do
- And you are naturally motivated to not be happy or stay happy, due to believing that this is bad or wrong for you to do (and if, by some miracle, you do feel happy for whatever reason, it will feel weird, wrong, and uncomfortable to you, and you will predictably slip back into an unhappy state that feels "right")
- The overall result is way less success with becoming happier and staying happy consistently; indeed, you will predictably be sad, miserable, depressed, and unhappy on a regular basis, due to finding this the good or right way to be
- Where on earth is the 'goodness' or the 'rightness' in being sad, depressed, or unhappy?
- And where on earth is the 'badness' or 'wrongness' in being happy and staying happy consistently?
- When you consider all the negative effects of unhappiness, and all the wonderful benefits of happiness, it makes absolutely no sense at all to believe these things!
How to start feeling comfortable with being happy
Start thinking positive thoughts make you feel comfortable with happiness.
Click on each positive thought to learn how it helps you, and why it makes sense to think that way.
Recognizing you have the freedom to do what you want, and consciously choosing to take action to get rid of sadness, depression, or unhappiness, and become a happier person, due to wanting this change for yourself
- You naturally feel free to be happy, rather than feeling that happiness is something you have to somehow 'force' on yourself or put pressure on yourself ot achieve
- As a result, you naturally feel better already, and are more receptive to happiness and allowing it to happen naturally
- And since happiness is something you clearly want and are trying to achieve, and since you are giving yourself the enjoyable freedom to experience happiness if and when it happens... You naturally achieve being happier faster and easier.
- It makes complete sense to give yourself the freedom to be happy (to enjoy something positive freely), rather than to try to force happiness on yourself (as if it's something you don't want!)
- So not only do you have much greater clarity of mind by treating happiness as somethng that you want, and that you're allowing yourself to enjoy if and when it comes along...
- But this easy-going, relaxed, comfortable attitude naturally makes it easier for you to be happy, which is exactly what you want in the first place; so this makes complete sense, every way you look at it!
Believing you can accept and handle getting rid of sadness, depression, or unhappiness and being consistently happy in a fast, easy, immediate manner
- You feel empowered to accept and handle being happy in a fast, easy, immediate way, since you believe you can do it
- As a result, you are more motivated to accept, handle, and enjoy happy feelings, which means you feel more comfortable with happy feelings a lot faster and easier (even immediately!)
- The overall result is more enjoyment, more confidence in yourself and your abilities, and more success in becoming happier and staying happy
- Being happy is a wonderful, enjoyable, positive thing, so clearly you can accept and handle becoming happier and staying happy consistently
- Indeed, you can accept and handle happiness in a very fast, easy, immediate way by simply choosing to accept it as something that is ok and great (which makes complete sense to accept)
- There is no necessity -- none! -- in taking a long time struggling with depression, sadness, or unhappiness before you can accept being happy. So it makes complete sense to accept and enjoy being happy immediately, without any wait.
Believing it's ok and great for you to feel happy and stay happy consistently, and that this is preferable to feeling sad, depressed, or unhappy
- You are naturally more motivated to feel happy and stay happy, due to believing that it is ok and great to do this (so you naturally have more success becoming happier and staying happy)
- You are naturally less motivated to feel sad, depressed, or unhappy, due to believing that it is less preferable than being happy (it's not that it is 'wrong'; simply that it's something less preferable, and not anything you have any interest in deliberately trying to achieve)
- The overall result is way more success with becoming happier and staying happy consistently, as well as feeling completely comfortable with being happy
- When you consider all the benefits of being happy, it makes complete sense to believe that it's ok and great for you to feel happy and stay happy consistently
- And when you consider all the negative effects of sadness, unhappiness, and depression, it makes complete sense to believe that these states are less preferable to enjoying greater happiness
- When you consider all this, it makes complete sense to accept the positive belief that becoming a happier person and staying happy is an ok, great, and wonderful thing to do, without any qualms or reservations about it at all!
Improve your life immediately
Right now, complete this achievement by taking steps that will help you rewire your mind to be immediately more comfortable with feeling happy. This change will, among other things, naturally help you become a much happier person and help you stay happy as well.